Thursday, December 10, 2009




**Ms. Fortunates' Pain**

No, I may not live in the poorest of places,
But trust, I know what the essence of pain is.

No, my family is not on broken ground,
But my life has had plenty of Ups and Downs.

Simply because I don't fit the "status quo"
Of poverty, out on the street no where to go,
Doesn't mean I don't know how it feels to be alone,
Sunshine on my face,
Pouring Rain in my soul.

Insecurity is my struggle.

Self-consciousness, my pain.

The feeling of belonging, is what I cry to gain.

But because I live lavish and people think I'm rich,
My hurt gets overlooked,
They say "Look at that stuck up bitch!"

Its not that hard to see my pain,
Its just as clear as day.

But because my status surpasses yours,
You chose to look away.

The hurt, depression swept under the rug weather it be pricey or not,
So just like you I cry at night weather I'm rich or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment